Freelance Product Designer/Software Engineer (Remote)
Launched in early 2015, CloudPeeps is a trusted marketplace, platform and community that empowers freelancers and businesses to do their best work. We’re creating freedom for every professional to work the way they want, wherever they are. We want everyone to love the work they do, and feel valued for it – and we’re doing this by building an end-to-end freelance ecosystem.
We’re a passionate, curious and nimble full-time team that works remotely.
We value open communication, continuous improvement, authenticity, accountability and transparency.
About the role:
You’ll build incredible new experiences for our Peeps and clients, ensuring our marketplace and platform is seamless, trusted and thoughtful. As a vital member of the founding team, you’ll be responsible for our frontend, UX and design direction, working closely with our backend developer to deliver an intuitive and simple product.
As CloudPeeps’ freelance product designer/software engineer, you will be:
- Have demonstrable experience with Rails 4
- Use test-driven development practices using RSpec
- Excellent at designing user flows and experiences, from mock-up to mark-up
- Strong pixel-by-pixel attention to detail
- Familiar with web standards and browser peculiarities
- Appreciative of UX, UI and have a strong visual design sense
- Familiar with responsive layouts and across-screen performance
- Comfortable with integrating APIs
- A lover of agile processes, lean methodology and shipping
- Great at setting roadmap expectations, managing workflow and prioritizing features
- A good communicator, listener and autonomous team mate
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining CloudPeeps as a freelance engineer or know anyone who’d be perfect, let’s chat!
Please email Kate with a short email about why you’re interested in the problem CloudPeeps is solving, a collection of your social links (Github, AngelList, Dribbble, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) and examples of a project you’ve hacked to firstname.lastname@example.org.