- Washington, DC
We are an interactive agency founded on the belief that creative strategy and strategic creative can bring about meaningful change.
Since 1999, we’ve built a firm of around three dozen employees who enjoy solving interesting problems for clients with causes. We make websites, we craft solutions, and we change the way organizations think about themselves, using digital communications strategy, user experience design, content strategy, social media, front-end and back-end development, technical strategy, quality assurance testing, analytics, optimization, and SEO. In other words, we’re a strategy and consulting firm that actually builds things, and a design shop that’s about more than pretty pictures.
For the past 16 years, we have endeavored to work for organizations and causes that resonate with our values and our belief that strategic, creative communications work is instrumental in forwarding human progress. From cultural clients like the Smithsonian and the National Park Service to foundations like The Pew Charitable Trusts, we have contributed in meaningful, creative, and—most importantly—effective ways toward innovative approaches to connect, educate, inspire, and engage.
- Ashley Lusk
Social Media Specialist
Listing published on Tue, 02 Jun 2015. Expired over 2 years ago on Tue, 09 Jun 2015.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
Threespot is looking for a Peep to support our Social Media Team. We anticipate that this position will require approximately 40 hours per week, through summer 2015 and will require the Peep to be on-site, daily in Bethesda, MD. This position may include occasional overnight travel and weekend work (remote).
The Peep will support the ongoing development of a comprehensive social media and online communications initiative for our nonprofit, federal agency and foundation clients.
This Peep will:
* Collaborate with internal staff on content and social media promotion strategies, including close collaboration with Threespot’s Content and Social Media Strategist.
* Effectively manage a fast-growing and vocal community on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
* Use multimedia and online tools to build interactive content that promotes the work of our clients.
* Monitor performance and trends of social media efforts on an ongoing basis to inform strategy decisions.
* Continue to build a culture that values social media communications.
* Demonstrated ability to write, edit, and curate stories for social media platforms; experience managing social media for health-related organizations preferred.
* Ensure that all platforms have a consistent and coherent voice that articulates the mission and unique perspective of the organization.
* Monitor breaking news and current events to create compelling, fact-checked, up-to-the-minute social media content.
* Comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape, and demonstrated creativity in developing innovative social media strategies and
Preferred Education and Experience:
5 - 7 years of experience managing the social media presence of a high-profile organization, with a demonstrated ability to grow audiences and increase engagement. Bachelor's degree required. Experience in web analytics, design, photo and video.
Looking for someone immediately, approximately 40 hours/week.
Please share your resume, portfolio and/or any previous work examples.