- San Francisco, CA, United States
Honni has redefined PR, social and content marketing with the creation of integrated programs for the next generation of superbrands. We apply a philosophy of ‘do something worth talking about and people will’ to everything we do, and we are looking for people who are social, mobile, creative and ambitious. Why be a small cog in a big wheel when Honni offers a chance to have a voice and get your ideas on the table and implemented. A subsidiary of The Honey Partnership.
- Ella Roche
PR Account Manager
Listing published on Wed, 10 May 2017. Expired 10 months ago on Tue, 13 Jun 2017.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
Working with the client director, you will be part of a wider team coordinating PR, social content, email campaigns, social advertising, and events. As an account manager, you are the day to day link between Honni and its clients. You will strive to understand your client’s products, their business needs and goals, in order to deliver ruthlessly efficient campaigns. Experience of working with Chinese companies, spoken and written Mandarin advantageous, but not essential.
You will be kick ass at consumer technology PR, have several years experience and at the highest level can:
– Meet and correspond with China-based clients
– Manage account executive and other team members
– Build and maintain media and influencer lists
– Keep up to date with global and US tech and lifestyle trends
– Research, write, edit, and proofread sharp copy
– Outreach to US media and KOLs - personal contacts preferred
– Monitor clients and alert the team to opportunities and issues
– Present plans and campaign reports internally and externally
– Work with account manager and client director to devise PR programs that deliver on brief and on budget
– Help solve client problems and ensure deadlines are met
– Check, report and measure a campaign’s progress
– Manage suppliers
– Work on between four and six accounts at one time
To be a successful account manager you need:
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills
– Strong presentation and negotiation skills
– Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
– Good organizational and time management skills
– Great people skills, for working with a range of colleagues and international clients
– The ability to lead and motivate a team
– A professional manner
– Good business sense and the ability to work to budgets
3 to 6 months
- Time zone preference
- Pacific Time (US & Canada) with ±1 hour of overlap.
Do NOT apply for this role if you do not have recent experience of consumer technology public relations and media / KOL outreach in the USA.
We are not looking for a planner or a strategist. We need a pitcher, an ideas person who has great contacts, is super organized and ruthlessly efficient.