- San Diego, CA, United States
Elevator Pitch = Environmental and Sustainability Awards.
Full Description = Our environmental progress requires true leadership. The SEAL Awards honor leaders in sustainability.
As an advocate for environmental solutions, the SEAL (representing Sustainability, Environmental Achievement and Leadership) Awards mission is fulfilled through 3 areas:
(1) Business Sustainability Awards,
(2) Environmental Journalism Awards, and
(3) Environmental Research Grants.
- Matt Harney
Media Outreach for Eco Awards
Created Wed, 21 Jun 2017
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Service fee
- 20%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
Elevator Pitch = Looking to hire a talented PR pro to lead media outreach for new eco awards event/brand.
- on an event basis only.
- MEDIA OUTREACH ONLY* for two events: 1) Environmental Journalism Awards (~late summer announcement, think Eco Pulitzers) and 2) Business Sustainability Awards (~late fall announcement).
Critical Competencies =
- Clear understanding of sustainability / environmental / CSR language and media...while being able to interface with journalists in a “real” and authentic way
- All of the basics (clear and concise communicator; attention to detail; responsive; strong references that we will check)
How We Will Measure Success =
- Spot checks with our media contacts on quality and professionalism of your outreach
- For Year 1 - Our FOCUS IS ON PROCESS OVER OUTCOMES
- Long term orientation to build “Oscars + Pulitzers of environment” -> long-term reputation amongst media more important than gaining Year 1 coverage
- Will communicate specific outreach goals/metrics upon our consultation
- IDEALLY, WE WOULD LIKE TO FIND PR REPRESENTATION FOR OUR FUTURE SEAL EVENTS
MEDIA OUTREACH ONLY
We will write press release, run social media, have a Cision account, etc. Only looking for 1-to-1 style outreach to targeted media.
Completed after 1 month.
If SEAL could only pitch one writer for our Business Sustainability Awards, who would that be?