uVolunteer specializes in providing volunteer work placements in Costa Rica, Ghana & Thailand. Projects are based around Teaching, Care & Community, Construction, Environment & Animal Conservation. The organization aims to promote change and provide direction and purpose for participants by offering cultural insight, adventure and a safe environment for independent travelers.
- Nathaniel Amponsah
White hat SEO and content creation
Created Tue, 29 Dec 2015
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Up to $400/month
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
Our goal at uVolunteer is to help people achieve their dream of volunteering abroad. To do that, we want our volunteers to have the most information on hand as possible about the places they're going.
We want to work with a Peep to write one long-form piece of content per month that will serve as a city/country guide for key destinations our volunteers serve. This post will require research on the location, with tips for where to visit, how to engage with the locals, and what to prepare for before heading out. This content will not be generalized, it should provide specific guidance to our volunteers that will be highly valuable for their trip. Our primary audience is millennials, typically just finishing up university and looking to volunteer abroad before entering the workforce.
As an example, this is the type of well-researched, informative content you would write for us: http://backlinko.com/white-hat-seo. You should also be well-versed in the realm of white hat SEO techniques as outlines in this example, and use those skills to build our audience from the content you create. It’s important that we report the the links generated by the post to determine its effectiveness.
You should be able to:
- Research key locations
- Package that research into a guide format
- Include concrete ways for volunteers to plug in to each location
- Write with an authoritative voice
- Seed this content to maximize cross-promotion and readership
- Understand white hat SEO tactics
*Note: we already have someone writing for our blog (http://blog.uvolunteer.net/) but this post should be a big-rock evergreen piece that drives engagement. I'm open to ramping up work with someone if all goes well initially.
TBD - I'd like to test out one post and go from there about continuing on
- Tell me about your passion for travel and/or volunteering. It's important we're working with someone who shares our ethos.
- Share 2 samples of long form content you've written that required you research and dive into a specific topic.
- What experience do you have in white hat SEO tactics?