- San Francisco, CA
“Pico” is a prefix in the metric system denoting one-trillionth. It's also a new storytelling platform by Om Malik, where he keeps a record of conversations with interesting people.
- Om Malik
- Carrie Jones
Content and Community Manager
Listing published on Mon, 01 Feb 2016. Expired over 2 years ago on Mon, 08 Feb 2016.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Up to $750/ month
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
We are seeking a content and community manager to build up conversations around two brands owned by Om Malik, the founder of GigaOM.
1. Pico, where Om publishes conversations with interesting people, such as Italian designer Brunello Cucinelli, workplace architect Jennifer Magnolfi, NY Times Magazine writer Jenna Wortham and Typomaniac Erik Spiekermann. Some are famous, some are young. Some are unknown, and some are wise and old. These conversations are not about technology. Instead, they are about transformation through technology as observed by those who are living through it.
2. Om.co, Om's personal site, where he publishes his thoughts on tech, fashion, design, the future of journalism, travel, and much much more.
Om is now looking for a content and community manager to help with a variety of tasks involved in building both these brands. The day-to-day work includes:
- Work with Om and copy editor to create Medium pieces from the longer interviews on Pico (about 2-3 times per month)
- Write and design emails in Mailchimp (about 2-3 times per month)
- Get conversations going on both Om.co's and Pico's Facebook Pages (this will be a large focus in the coming year, and you need to have experience building social conversations from the ground up!)
- Continue growing Pico's Twitter channel
- Respond and converse with the community of readers in all channels
- Create monthly or biweekly report to share status of your work
- Communicate w/ team through Slack
- Other tasks to be discussed and pitched by you, all with the goal of growing the readership for both of these brands
This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with one of tech's best writers and an all-around nice guy. You'll have a lot of support as you get started, since Om currently has a community manager who will be offboarding the work and will help you get off to a running start!
Up to 5 hours per week on an ongoing basis
1. In your pitch share why you are interested in the role and what makes you the best fit
2. Share 2 sample posts each of posts you would share out for us on Facebook and Twitter. We want to ensure that you "get" our voice and tone.
3. A list of what you like to read in your spare time
4. Examples of brands you've worked with in the past and the results of your work with them (we will not share any of this information, so please assume confidentiality).