Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, using enterprise-level technology made available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers over 243,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries and is trusted by brands such as Tesla Motors, Budweiser, Red Bull, LA Lakers, the New York Stock Exchange, GoldieBlox, and many more.
- Tucker Schreiber
Social Media Savvy Writer
Listing published on Fri, 26 Feb 2016. Expired over 4 years ago on Tue, 08 Mar 2016.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Fixed. Paid out after 30 days.
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
Shopify is looking for an internet and social-media savvy writer to create content that readers will want to share about entrepreneurship, news, personal development, finance, careers, tech, and lifestyle for Shopify’s new content initiatives to reach a wider audience.
- Obsessively track social media trends across platforms.
- Create lists, stories, and news related posts about themes such as entrepreneurship, news, personal development, finance, careers, tech, and lifestyle.
- Come up with ideas for posts with effective headlines aimed at sharing.
- Write, and source high quality content with data, and images (if required).
- At least one year’s experience in lifestyle-related magazine writing, blogging, social media, or similar experience.
- An internet and social media addiction.
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that generates engagement online, and the ability to articulate those qualities.
- Ideas! An endless well of ideas!
- A sense of humor.
- Video, photo, graphic design and Photoshop skills are a huge plus.
We are looking for 5 pieces of content to be written ($100 per article - 450 to 800 words each)
-Share 3 examples of types of content you've written in the past
-Explain why you think certain pieces of content get shared more than others
-Write 3 headlines that you would like to write about for Shopify's new content initiative