- San Francisco, CA, United States
Chime is a new kind of bank account that helps members lead healthier financial lives and automate their savings. How do we do this? By eliminating unnecessary fees and using technology to help our members form healthy financial habits. With Chime, you get a Chime Visa Debit Card and an FDIC bank account that can be managed entirely from your smartphone.
- Chris Terschluse
Listing published on Wed, 23 Mar 2016. Expired over 4 years ago on Thu, 28 Apr 2016.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Up to $3200/month
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
We're looking for one or more Peeps to work with us on a variety of content creation and writing jobs. Our ideal Peep is a gifted storyteller with experience turning stories around on a dime. You adhere to journalistic standards and care about what happens to your content after you hit publish.
- Develop content for a range of marketing channels including the Chime website, blog, press releases, email campaigns, advertising, and social media.
- Pitch and develop stories that align with our brand and contribute our content verticals focused on thought leadership, brand, product, education, and acquisition.
- Ensure the Chime’s brand voice is consistently communicated across all channels.
- Find ways to make personal finance fun, approachable, and easier to understand.
- You have 3-5 years of writing experience in a fast-paced environment ideally with some expertise in financial services or personal finance.
- You have a college degree in journalism or other field that in some way relates to writing.
- You’re motivated and self-directed. You are entrepreneurial, resourceful, and able to thrive with minimal guidance.
- You have a mastery of English grammar that’s balanced with an appreciation for how people actually talk, particularly among Millennials.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You’re flexible and able to prioritize and reprioritize as needs change.
-You’re up-to-date on popular culture and current events enabling you to infuse your storytelling with cultural references that are relevant to Chime’s audience.
Ongoing work, time commitment depends on content being produced, up to 20 hours/week
- Please share links to relevant writing that showcase your ability to write engaging content for a wide range of marketing channels.
- While experience in the banking/finance industry isn't required, what experience do you have that would enable you to write with authority on topics relevant to our audience? Topics like managing finances, saving up toward goals, and privacy and security around personal data.
- Please share examples of story ideas you've developed to support a client's editorial strategy. How did you translate the client's marketing and editorial goals into story ideas that would achieve those goals?