- San Francisco, CA, United States
Haven is the automated trade technology platform for quoting, booking, and end-to-end shipment management with the world's leading providers. Our mission is to responsibly expand global trade; smarter trading impacts everyone, from shippers themselves to those who consume the goods. Haven connects commodity traders, food producers, and shippers to thousands of logistics providers through one platform
- Renee DiResta
Finance and Economics Focused Writers
Listing published on Thu, 16 Jun 2016. Expired almost 5 years ago on Fri, 24 Jun 2016.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Up to $600/month
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
At Haven we automate freight & logistics for commodity traders, food suppliers, and consumer goods companies. We're currently looking for several writers to work with us who can produce content that will be picked up by major blogs and publications. Our ideal Peeps are those who have journalistic backgrounds and are knowledgeable about how to write pieces that will be attractive to major publications. Bonus points if you have contacts or other resources to help secure those placements.
Our main customers (and audience for these articles) are commodity traders, so we place a high emphasis on hiring Peeps with backgrounds in finance and economics. While you're not required to have a background in the shipping industry specifically, a familiarity of the industry (or willingness to learn more about the space) would be a major benefit.
The writing we're looking for will not be consumer focused, nor are we looking for content marketers - you will be writing B2B pieces. Check out our blog for examples of some past content: http://blog.haveninc.com/. As far as volume is concerned, our goal is to produce 2-3 pieces per month, ideally dividing out that work between several writers in order to diversity who is writing on what topics. We estimate paying around $200 per post (and would prefer Peeps invoice per post) at around 500-800 words each, but are open to negotiating rates per post.
Time per month will vary depending on number of pieces being written
- We're looking for Peeps with journalistic backgrounds. Please tell me more about your experience in that field of writing and how you're qualified to write that type of content for us.
- What experience do you have working in and/or writing for the finance and economics industry? What about the shipping industry? Please share examples of your writing that showcase these areas of expertise.
- What do you typically charge for articles ranging from 500-800 words, depending on the level of research that may need to be done in order to put together each post?
- Do you have experience securing placements for articles you've written in major publications? Please share examples.