Director of Community Operations
Listing published on Sun, 26 Apr 2015. Expired about 3 years ago on Mon, 04 May 2015.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Up to $3000/ month
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
The Fetch is looking for a Director of Community Operations to build the community and lead all day-to-day activities at the company. This is a brand new role created for an entrepreneurial 'doer' who truly gets community to come in and make their mark. The Fetch started out as an events newsletter in Melbourne, Australia and grew to 10 cities around the globe before taking a publishing break to address its next steps. A Kickstarter campaign took place in October 2014 (http://bit.ly/kickstartfetch), raising over $50K to help build the next generation of curated city guide goodness.
Now, we're looking for an energetic and hungry Peep who loves bringing people together offline and who understands the power of events, to ship the relaunch and take The Fetch to where it can be. This is an exciting role for someone who loves business, connecting, making things happen and managing projects end-to-end. If you're autonomous and equally at home understanding partnerships, budgets, product, email, content and of course, community – this is for you! Think of it as having an already-successful business with never-ending demand (we get advertising request weekly, despite being out of action!) and community to run as you would your own.
– Incredible organization skills: you're a productivity ninja, darting between Slack, Asana, product dashboards and email to get things done
– Strong tech skills: you know a little HTML/CSS and eat Google Apps for breakfast
– Killer attention to detail: you notice double spacing, stray colons, inconsistent style and broken links in a few seconds
– You aren't a flaker and know how to motivate yourself
– You ask for forgiveness, not permission: you like making decisions using data and your gut
– You like helping and managing others: you'd like to re-evangelize our inner circle, building trust and momentum
– You're accessible and service-oriented: you have no trouble picking up the phone, doing outreach or responding promptly to queries
– You're okay with building profile: you don't mind speaking, being interviewed, and representing the company publicly
– Outside of the base level pay, there will be a revenue share agreement where you receive a set percentage of incoming revenue
– Once you've established the business further, there is opportunity to transition to a full-time remote role, or to continue contracting if desired
– Equity from the Employee Stock Option Pool: after the initial three-months settle-in period, let's chat about further incentives
– Entrepreneur In Residence/Founder Apprentice style program and weekly mentoring with myself, Kate Kendall – The Fetch's (and CloudPeeps) founder
Immediate start, preference is for someone located in SF but open to remote, 23-25 hours/week
– Record a short video (less than two minutes), showcasing what you're looking for in your work life and why you consider yourself entrepreneurial
– Showcase what you would do in your first month if successful
– Share your ongoing daily/weekly availability and ability to commit to the job
– Outline your passions and three events or communities that changed your life
– Anything else to support your application!