- Portland, OR, USA
Exquisite living for conscious beings. An inspirational platform, design house, and curated ecommerce marketplace for home decor, specialty gifts, and healthy living. Artisan driven, sustainably made. As conscious beings, we need to create the world we want to live in. Our homes, our self-care, and our gifts to others must reflect our values. Target demographic: the modern powerhouse, 25-55 years old. Pre-launch, coming in Fall 2018!
- Sinclair Kennally
Market Researcher and Influencer (Lifestyle Brand)
Listing published on Sun, 19 Aug 2018. Expired about 2 years ago on Sun, 02 Sep 2018.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Hourly. Invoices are submitted and paid as you go.
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
The Job: finding artisan-made products for a new ecommerce lifestyle brand
- to source responsibly made items from artisans and craftsmen. Each item must be on trend and feel special enough to delight our audience, and meet our sustainability standards.
- to bring abundant work to artisans with a wide range of intersectional representation. Women, LGBTQIA, POC, immigrant, and indigenous artisans will be prioritized.
We are in pre-launch!
Vision Nation - exquisite living for conscious beings
An inspirational platform and curated marketplace for specialty gifts and healthy living.
Brand premise: As conscious beings, we need to create the world we want to live in. Our homes, our self-care, and our gifts to others must reflect our values.
Example: sustainability, purity of ingredients, and fair compensation to the artisans behind the product are all non-negotiables. No single-use plastics will be used in products or shipping.
- highly efficient research skills
- experience in interior design, ecommerce, marketing, and/or design and artisan production.
- intimate knowledge of bohemian, industrial, midcentury, and maximalist decor trends
You're a great fit if you...
- geek out on home decor and design trends, with a working knowledge of what's hot right now and what's not. From boho wicker to shiburi, you'll need to have an opinion.
- have experience in interior design-related fields, spend time on Etsy, Pinterest, and design blogs such as Design Sponge, Apartment Therapy, and the Jungalow
- care about sustainability and have at least a passing familiarity with green trends
- are naturally organized, and can track hundreds of artisans and items, drawing comparisons by material, price point, aesthetic, and quality to find the best fit.
- have enough business development experience to help gauge if artisans are at the right stage in building their business to be a good fit for VN.
I’m not sure
- Time zone preference
- Pacific Time (US & Canada) with ±4 hours of overlap.
- Where do you love to go to get your design fix? Blogs, brands etc.
- What home decor/lifestyle trends are you digging right now?
- What experience do you have that is related to research, product sourcing, retail buying, or interior design that makes you a good fit?