- United States
Startups.com is a platform to help startups launch and grow. We provide education and tools to walk aspiring Founders through the entire startup process: including education, business planning, mentorship, customer acquisition, funding, and staffing.
- Wil Schroter
Startups.com Community Manager
Listing published on Wed, 25 Sep 2019. Expired about 2 months ago on Fri, 25 Oct 2019.
Hiring 1 Peep
- Work type
- Billing type
- Fixed. The budget is automatically paid out each cycle.
- Monthly budget
- Service fee
- 15%. Sign up and subscribe to a plan to reduce fee.
Startups.com is a platform to help startup companies launch. We've built a base of over 1 million startup companies, however up until now, we haven't focused on connecting those Founders with each other.
That's where you come in ;)
Your goal as the Community Manager is to get our audience connected with each other daily, sparking valuable discussions and encouraging new Founders every day to share their stories, anxieties, and victories with the community.
We're going to be originating these stories in our Community Forums, where we create powerful new topics throughout the week to begin discussions. We use those discussions to draw our community in as well as set the tone for new topics for our Founders to start.
While the community focus is a newer endeavor for us, the assets we have are significant. This is more about focusing our existing energy than building totally from scratch.
You'll have quite a few places to draw from:
- Over 1 million existing users
- Our popular Startup Therapy podcast
- Our 3x weekly Newsletter to over 250,000 active subscribers
- All of our social media outlets on FB, IG, LI and TW
- Over 20,000 experts on our Clarity.fm platform
- 18,000 existing topics from our Answers product
- Over 1,000 existing topics from our article archives
Our goals are simple:
1. Generate new topics weekly that syndicate to our forums, newsletters, social media and other outlets.
2. Engage our community wherever they are responsive, encouraging them to dig in further and ask their own questions.
3. Build an active community that begins developing their own topics and discussions, as well as appoint moderators to help the community build it's own steam.
- Must have experience building communities before, preferably in the startup space.
- Demonstrated "wins" using social media to build and engage an audience.
- Working knowledge of startup company needs and challenges, preferably as a Founder
More than 12 months
- Time zone preference
- Eastern Time (US & Canada) with ±4 hours of overlap.
Please submit a list of demonstrated "wins" you've had building communities.